Radiator Springs right on Route 66 is the place to get your kicks. Disney is re-creating the whole town, just like in the movie. Pull on into Tow Mater’s Towing and Salvage. And then spin by Luigis Casa Della Tires. Fill’er-Up at new dinning establishments, and it wouldn’t be Disney with out shopping. Rounding it all out with an impressive backdrop of Ornament Valley! Your pit-crew will be flat-out, run over with Cars Land! The new Cars Land is scheduled to open June 15, 2012.
Disney California Adventure’s Cars Land expansion encompasses a massive twelve acres taken from parking area, kind of ironic, right? Cars Land is based on Pixar Film ‘Cars’. Radiator Springs Racers will be the big attraction. It will be similar to the ride technology that ‘Test Track’ at Epcot utilizes. Expect peel-outs, banked curves, hairpins and that slot-car feel with racing elements. Other attractions will round out the new Cars Land. All I can say is, “Miss Sally is gonna flip when she sees this!”
Attractions Ready, Set, Go! I’m sitting on the white line and can’t wait to see the new features:
- Rev up you engine at Radiator Springs Racers and compete with other speedsters! Characters like Sally, Luigi, Guido, Mack and Ramon, can be spotted at the track. The red-rock Ornament Valley is the perfect place to test your mettle. Zip over hills, zoom around banked turns and cruise down straightaways.
- Tow the gang into Mater's Junkyard Jamboree for a fun romp around the Junkyard. Baby tractors pull a Junkyard cart — with you in it — that gets twirled in time to the tunes broadcast through Mater's Junkyard Jukebox.
- Spin over to Luigi's Flying Tires and take family fun to a whole new level: into the air! Glide, spin and find yourself lifting off the ground while you pilot your own comfortable, oversized radial tire. Literally riding on air!
Route 66 is famous for good eats and Radiator Springs is no exception with three options that a just the ticket:
- Find full meals and good eats at Flo's V8 Café.
- For quick and tasty snacks, motor over to the Fillmore's Taste-In.
- Cozy Cone Motel offers a fun and "pun" menu, like chili "cone" queso, "cone" on the cob, pop-"cone" and (no joke) churros!
Radiator Springs gushes with small-town appeal and charm!
- Red the Fire Truck brings impromptu water fun at the Courthouse in Cars Land.
- DJ gets you hip-hoppin' with bass beats that are pumpin' through his neon-blazin', thumpin' subwoofers and sweet speakers.
- Shifting at sunset to a shimmering display of dazzling bright lights and music pulsing through the night air will be a sight not to miss.
Before you hit the road, stop by and stock up on Radiator Springs gear, including official Cars Land merchandise, at:
- Radiator Springs Curios
- Ramone’s House of Body Art
- Sarge's Surplus Hut
From what I can see Cars Land will be Radiator Springs sparked to life. Yep, put a new “X” on the map. I will be stopping by as soon as possible. The Disney Imagineers are the Best at making the make-believe Real, and I love it. "Ka-chow"!
Be sure to follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated with Jailbreak Updates, Reviews and Tips on Software, Tech, Travel, Health and MORE...
Share this Article
- Helpful Advice If You Are Planning To Travel
- Travel Savvy With These Simple Tips And Tricks
- Making Travel Plans? Be Sure To Read This!
- The Cheapest Way To Travel Is Through All-Inclusive Packages
- Tips For Travel: Exciting Trips Or Restful Ones
- New Information Even A Veteran Traveler Can Use
- Advice That Will Help You With Your Travels
- Travel Advice For Every Trip
- Tips That Will Help Bring Back The Fun Into Traveling
- Tips To Travel Safely!